Data Scientist, Google Shopping:
- Work with large, complex data sets; solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations.Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of Google data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for both product development and sales activity.Identify opportunities for design and to assess improvements for Google products with cross-functional teams.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentation of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting and optimization methods to improve the quality of Google's user facing products such as ads quality, search quality, end-user behavioral modeling, and live experiments.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
Field of Experience
Experience with statistical software such as R or Python, and database languages such as SQL. Experience with statistical data analysis such as multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.