What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Design Team shapes brand-defining experiences for a range of
consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses
Verizon services, so your work will have a meaningful impact at a
As Chief of Staff - Design India, you
will be part of the Global Chief of Staff team, supporting Design
Leadership and acting as a trusted advisor as you effectively execute
the agenda for organizational transformation to shape team culture and
productivity while furthering the reach and impact of the design team
across Verizon. You will be part of a team focused on supporting a US-
and India-based department of 200+ experience designers, front-end
engineers, and content strategists, leading internal and external
communication efforts, coordinating important executive presentations
and initiatives, operationalizing a new design operating model, and
serving as a key point of contact for finances and planning.
- Support a diverse, motivated, skilled and growing team by leading People operations.
the team informed and connected and convey the value of Verizon Design
by leading internal and external communications efforts.
support and evolve the Verizon Design Operating Model (DOM), a
framework of key capabilities for maturing the Design Organization.
as Finance point of contact, partnering with the CX Operations team to
manage processes for fiscal responsibility and budget management.
- Ensure that our India Design team remains a unified organization.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with large-scale design or product organizations.
- Experience collaborating with designers and design leaders.
- Event planning experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Outstanding presentation design and Powerpoint/Google Slides skills.
- Experience with Google Suite and Slack.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven track record effectively managing stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and manage dependencies, milestones and critical paths.
- Familiarity with human-centered design methodologies and ways of working (new).
- Familiarity with industry trends and the design and ops thought leadership community