Senior Quality Engineer:
- Work within the Agile project team to estimate, craft, design, analyze, and test healthcare software applications
- Ensure technical and domain accuracy of content through close collaboration with domain experts
- Analyze defects, perform root cause analysis, and collaborate to resolve and has the flexibility to take on blended roles across the Agile team
- Researches and utilizes industry, domain and technology knowledge and trends to improve the overall quality of deliverables
- Provides leadership and guidance for team including setting and executing specific strategies and helping to create a culture that motivates others towards successfully completing the mission.
- Assesses business value of work and suggests improvements that make the application better for the end user and the process better for the team.
- Coaches/mentors other Quality Engineers
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills needed to be successful:
- Solves problems through reasoning and creative approaches that will generate new ideas
- Mentor others on the tools, knowledge, and opportunities needed to accomplish their work and achieve their goals.
- Recognize gaps in analysis and give explicit consideration to the impact on all types of testing
- Ability to review Pull Requests for test coverage as well as suggest additional automated coverage when necessary
- Deep understanding of the flow of data through the system
- Understanding of approaches used to identify, prioritize, and mitigate risks to reduce or eliminate potential threats to software quality
- Proven ability to utilize data, models, methods, and tools to identify, prioritize, implement, and measure quality improvements.
- 3+ years’ experience designing, coding, running, and maintaining Selenium (coded) test automation.
- Developed reliable and scalable test automation frameworks using: Selenium and C#
- Automated API Testing (ideally RESTful APIs, using http client).
- Test Automation with ability to do manual testing where necessary.
- Able to coach/mentor team members, providing clear guidance/instruction.
- Take responsibility for constantly improving, both in the context of the team through mentoring and training, as well as personally through research and self-learning.
- Engage with the team and offer ideas for improvements and enhancements to working practices, tools, frameworks, etc.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to get under the skin of the users and truly understand their needs, work closely with the Developers to ensure a common understanding of the success criteria and requirements.
- Set up, configure and debug complex test environments. Good analysis, problem-solving and decision making. Able to debug and troubleshoot issues, to find solutions.
- Work as part of an agile SCRUM team.
Required Experience & Education :
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience
- 4-6 years in quality engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- 4-6 years of experience in software development process, software design, and development tools
- 4-6 years of experience in solving problems and resolving client related issues regarding code used on both front-end and back-end development
- Working Experience with software testing and quality assurance methodologies
- Familiarity with Agile development processes, SCRUM, and project tracking
Preferred Experience & Education :
Experience in healthcare industry
Master’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline
Detail-oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all the details needed to get the task done well